:: Re: [DNG] On DEs (Was: Sound, My ex…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Ста Деюс
To: dng
Vecchi argomenti: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] On DEs (Was: Sound, My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
Доброго времени суток, Klaus.

Спасибо за ответ, Fri, 3 Jul 2015 10:13:27 +0100, вы писали:
> I am not Gregory, but This two DEs are on my blacklist at all. Being a
> fvwm user for more than 20 years now and still happy with it. :-D
>
> Some of /my/ reasons for not choosing KDE or GNOME
> - - Many daemons started by this DEs. I am a control freak and does
> not want all that daemons. (For using KDE applications, I even have
> "alias kdekill="pkill -9
> 'kded4|knotify|kdeinit4|kio_http_cache_|kuiserver|kwalletd'"" to
> cleanup that crap afterwards.)
> - - I like to configure my DE for /my/ needs and not the ones of the
> developers of that DEs.
> - - I dislike devs who tries to place me under disability as GNOME
> does.
> - - I like a mostly console (xterm) setting. The DE should most time
> only be there to switch between them. Why should I use a overblown
> system for that?
> - - I like my DE even on limited hardware. Try that with KDE on system
> with up to 1G Mem, slow disk and slow CPU. Believe me, that is no
> fun.

You're absolutely correct! And the list you have given us is not
full even! -- But very well explains why it is worth to stand far from
those DEs.

And for «Devuan» it also helps not a little -- as to support those DEs
mess sure, will not be easy solution, and of course totally unnecessary
- having a lot of applications out of which it is easy to build desktop
of any flavour.

С уважением,
Ста.