著者: Teodoro Santoni
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
題目: Re: [DNG] Linus answers a question about systemd
On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 06:31:44AM +0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> This means that if he will be sooner or later convinced that kdbus is
> a good piece of technology to have in the kernel, for one reason or
> another, he will merge it overnight, irrespective of the real or
> perceived madness and stubborness of its maintainers.
>
> I am afraid that kdbus/systemd people will lately grasp this simple
> bit of knowledge about Linus, and go for the compromise to convince
> him that kdbus is good and the people around it are not monsters. At
> that point they will have succeeded. And they will.

Good evening,

I ain't no mind reader, but he's already of the idea that, sooner or later, kdbus will be merged to stop
people crying "But moooom!", it seems to me. IMHO
The struggle here is in the stupid idea the GNU/Fedora cabal is propugnating: any time they send the request,
according to most of reviewers, the code is unsafe, low-quality
(compared to what Linus demands for what is likely to be merged in mainline) and has poor performance bonuses compared to userspace dbus,
hardly any advantage at all otherwise.

--
Teodoro Santoni

Something is wrong. I don't wanna compile 20 KB of Go code to list files.