:: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Stephan Böttcher
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
Steve Litt <slitt@???> writes:

> On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 11:17:52 +0000
> Eugene Bolshakoff <mercurius@???> wrote:
>

>> > Fvwm's good. Resource light, very configurable. That being said, you
>> > must be *very* knowledgeable to get fvwm to work in a way that's
>> > conducive to your workstyle, especially if you have poor visual
>> > acuity like I do.
>>
>> I think this is very good to be so configurable, I like this :)
>
> Hi Eugene,
>
> I know for a fact that you're right about fvwm, because I've seen many
> people make it into exactly the interface they want, and different fvwm
> setups look *spectacularly* different from each other.

Indeed, an FVWM config is a very personal thing. I was using fvwm
exclusively for about 20 years before I recently switched to
enlightenment. What I find most amazing is that this very personal fvwm
configuration of mine was working almost unchanged for all those years
and never let me down, although a lot of config directives where marked
deprecated at some point.

I switched to enlightenment on my two major workstations when they
acquired multiple monitors. On computers where I login only
occasionally I use icewm with default config, except for sloppy mouse
focus.

> Trouble is, *I* have never been able to configure it into usefulness.

I took a long weekend to arrive at my config file, but then it lasted
for a while.

--
Stephan