:: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experienc…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Sound (Was: My experience with Devuan Alpha2)
On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 10:13:27 +0100
Klaus Ethgen <Klaus+dyne@???> wrote:

> Am Fr den 3. Jul 2015 um 8:52 schrieb ?????? ????????:
> > I would give you an advice then: stand far from such overhelming
> > applications your own desktop.
>
> I am not Gregory, but This two DEs are on my blacklist at all. Being a
> fvwm user for more than 20 years now and still happy with it. :-D

I kicked KDE and its apps and libs off my computer for the same reason
as systemd: It's an entangled mess. I don't want my applications
knowing about each other unless they truly are part of the same system
or process. Here's some of my writing about Kmail, and consequently KDE:

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/201202/201202.htm#_Steve_You_Sound_Angry

As it turned out, KDE was a preview of crazier things to come. At least
KDE had the good manners to leave PID1, udev, and consolekit alone.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key