:: Re: [DNG] "Bad" future is coming
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Laurent Bercot
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] "Bad" future is coming
On 03/07/2015 14:39, Franco Lanza wrote:
> SystemdOS will be just another bad thing that many people will have to
> use for a period of time, and, just like today microsoft is a little bit
> less invasive than some years ago and it's doing a little bit better
> with latest windows version, in some years from now the systemd bubble
> will pop. Don't be afraid if you are in the right side.

What I am really afraid of is that we never learn, and always find a
way to torture ourselves.

Unix people have finally managed to get rid of the sendmail and BIND shackles,
only to welcome the new systemd overlords. So yes, in a few years,
systemd will collapse upon itself, like any ill-conceived behemoth, but:
- in the meantime, it will have done damage to a whole generation
- it is very likely that something just as bad will emerge as the new craze,
in a totally different field, and people will again jump on the opportunity
to rip their own skin off, with cheerful enthusiasm and glee.

The fight is neverending, and the knowledge that we're on the right side
is of little comfort, unless we're lucky enough to spend our whole lives
in a bubble of sanity, with co-workers (and employers!) who share the same
opinions.
I still have to find such an employer. :/

--
Laurent