:: [DNG] "Bad" future is coming
Top Pagina
Auteur: Eugene Bolshakoff
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [DNG] "Bad" future is coming
Hello All,

This is something like "philosophical" post about our future in
poettering universe.

Working as system administrator, I am thinking about it, because of more
and more Linux distributives switching to should-not-be-named daemon.

And, of course, servers will be updated in few years, and it becames
impossible to avoid using poettering things in everyday work. I can
avoid it on my own workstations and servers, but I will be forced to use
binary logging in journald, logind and so on if my company updates its
servers to new Linux distros.
Developers should support new startup schemes and new logging features.

My colleagues and friends working with Linux don't think about this as
about something bad and strange, a lot of people are able (or are
forced) to switch, they talk about it as about something everyday.

--
Best regards,
Eugene Bolshakoff