:: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Eugene Bolshakoff
To: dng
Oggetto: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
Hello Steve,

On Thu, Jul 02, 2015 at 11:52:44AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 11:08:26 +0000
> Eugene Bolshakoff <mercurius@???> wrote:
>

> > Hello Mitt,
> >
> > Thanks for this picture. So much xfce4 dependences... probably I
> > should switch from xfce4 to any other VM/DE (fvwm, probably).
>
> Fvwm's good. Resource light, very configurable. That being said, you
> must be *very* knowledgeable to get fvwm to work in a way that's
> conducive to your workstyle, especially if you have poor visual acuity
> like I do.

I think this is very good to be so configurable, I like this :)

Also, Klaus Ethgen, I am totally agree with you about blacklisted DE.
Only I should think what my DE does, not DE thinks what and how I do. And I
can make fvwm to do what I want, of course :)

> I like the LXDE/Openbox combo. When I want a start button and taskbar,
> I use LXDE with Openbox underneath, so I get that "desktop environment"
> feel but have Openbox hotkeys available. When I'm on my daily driver
> desktop and don't want all that desktoppy stuff, I use Openbox, which
> if configured correctly, is spectacular.

Thank you for idea, I think I should try them and understand if they are
comfortable for me.

I chose Xfce more than 10 years ago, when it was 3.8, that time I was
searching lightweight DE and found it (also it's like CDE). A lot of my
*nix friends were using "two blacklisted DE" that time.

And also I should say respects to XFCE, it didn't became so huge and resourse
leaking as they.