:: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Mitt
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
On 2015-07-01 06:52, Dave Turner wrote:
> I had debian wheezy installed on my late 2006 intel iMac, using
> wheezy-backports for things like LibreOffice and netbsd pkgsrc for
> things not in backports such as the hydrogen drum synth.
>

> I removed the lightdm greeter I had installed on wheezy so I could
> shutdown from Xfce4. I now use startx.
> Watching the boot messages there was systemd!
> I used aptitude to get rid of systemd-libpamd and anything else systemd.
> Only systemd-shim and libsystemd0 remain.
> Can I get rid of both of them?
>
> The internet doesn't seem to know how to make Xfce4 let you shutdown or
> automount, or when th einternet does suggest something there is so much
> faffing about using pmount or whatever I feel disinclined to try it.
> Does anybody here know how to do it?
>
> My iMac gets used by normal people as well as me so I really do need a
> nice setup for them.
> Any ideas on sensible alternatives?
> I use fluxbox on my laptop but that is too much for them to cope with.
>
> DaveT

Hey, Dave

Check out once you have /consolekit/ installed, then create a .xinitrc
file in your home folder, write there *startxfce4 --with-ck-launch* and
start your session with *xinit *command instead of *startx*.

You can also remove /systemd-shim /as well as /libsystemd0 /(it has some
dependencies, I use /gvfs /from wheezy).

Hope this helps,

Mitt