:: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alp…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Dave Turner
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: [DNG] My experience with Devuan Alpha2
I had debian wheezy installed on my late 2006 intel iMac, using
wheezy-backports for things like LibreOffice and netbsd pkgsrc for
things not in backports such as the hydrogen drum synth.

I migrated to Devuan Alpha2 using devuan-baseconf.deb.
Good News: it works!
Irritations: I can't shutdown from Xfce4 anymore, I can only logout.
                  And thunar would not automount a USB drive.

I removed the lightdm greeter I had installed on wheezy so I could
shutdown from Xfce4. I now use startx.
Watching the boot messages there was systemd!
I used aptitude to get rid of systemd-libpamd and anything else systemd.
Only systemd-shim and libsystemd0 remain.
Can I get rid of both of them?

The internet doesn't seem to know how to make Xfce4 let you shutdown or
automount, or when th einternet does suggest something there is so much
faffing about using pmount or whatever I feel disinclined to try it.
Does anybody here know how to do it?

My iMac gets used by normal people as well as me so I really do need a
nice setup for them.
Any ideas on sensible alternatives?
I use fluxbox on my laptop but that is too much for them to cope with.

DaveT