:: Re: [DNG] [Dng] vdev status update:…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jude Nelson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Isaac Dunham
Kopio: dng@lists.dyne.org
Aihe: Re: [DNG] [Dng] vdev status update: device properties and udev compatibility
Hi Isaac,

On Mon, Jun 29, 2015 at 10:12 AM, Isaac Dunham <ibid.ag@???> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 04:40:33PM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
> > Le 25/06/2015 07:04, Jude Nelson a écrit :
> > > In time, it will also work the busybox tools, but I am still working
> on
> > >getting busybox's blkid to work here (specifically, we need the "-p"
> flag
> > >to work in order to get low-level partition table information and
> > >filesystem metadata).
> >
> >     Contrary to the other options, which only deal with formatting the
> > output, option -p cannot be emulated with a wrapper script. Have you any
> > idea of how to proceed. I am only a consumer of Busybox and have never
> tried
> > to dig into the source. Are you, or anybody in this list, able to submit
> > patch to busybox blkid?

> What information fields from -p are needed?

For libudev compatibility, we will need:
* usage (e.g. filesystem, crypto_LUKS, etc.)
* filesystem type
* filesystem UUID
* subvolume UUID (where applicable)
* partition table type (e.g. dos, GPT, etc.)
* partition table UUID
* partition table entry scheme
* partition table entry type
* partition table entry size
* partition table entry offset
* partition table entry UUID
* partition table entry number
* parent disk device

Examples:

# blkid -p -o export /dev/sda
DEVNAME=/dev/sda
PTUUID=0003da58
PTTYPE=dos

# blkid -p -o export /dev/sda1
DEVNAME=/dev/sda1
UUID=67378bcc-ba07-4074-9a7e-9daef3537ad5
VERSION=1.0
TYPE=ext4
USAGE=filesystem
PART_ENTRY_SCHEME=dos