:: Re: [DNG] OFFLIST (from debian-user…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jaromil
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Steve Litt
Kopio: dng, Erwan David, Martin Read, Zebediah C. McClure
Aihe: Re: [DNG] OFFLIST (from debian-user): No-systemd Debian

re all,

On Tue, 23 Jun 2015, Steve Litt wrote:
> Erwin, you mentioned needing to get your computer booted to ssh
> readiness, which I assume implies a serial tty plus sshd in the
> background, from which someone can ssh log in as root (or as another
> user and then su -). Which in turn requires that /etc is readable.

I understand well this need. This was and still is also my need in many
situations, something that is fairly complex to achieve due to new
default settings in Debian's sshd.

More in detail: I need an iso that auto-installs with reasonable
defaults and without any input needed, following to that I need the
computer to boot with sshd open for root login using a default password.

Having solved all that for the Devuan SDK process that toasts Qemu &co
VMs (see devuan-sdk/zlibs/packer) using a mix of non-trivial pre-seed
solutions and custom scripts, I'm now keen to release such an ISO
installer as a new kind in addition to the traditional
netboot/netinst/cd_rom/hd installers.

It will be sometime soon visible on files.devuan.org as -auto-
installer and will have defaults that can be then changed via ssh.
The only thing that cannot be changed is the partitioning method and for
now I'm using LVM default partitioning since that grants the maximum
flexibility for post-install resizing.

I hope this new -auto installer format will be useful to you, it is
certainly being useful for me.

ciao

--
Jaromil, Dyne.org Software Foundry (est. 2000)
We are free to share code and we code to share freedom