:: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
Página Principal
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: Jude Nelson
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assunto: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 09:20:37PM -0400, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Looks like Linus weighed in. I found the whole conversation thread
> interesting.
>
> http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/1506.2/05492.html

Yes, it is definitely interesting. The most scary thing is the
emergence in that thread same of the argument:

"...we can't actually ship a kernel.org kernel that will fail to boot
with Fedora Rawhide or Arch AUR or whatever unless kdbus=0 is set on
the kernel command line.", even in the form of a critic towards strict
requirements "imposed" by systemd.

This is what let me think that kdbus will most probably be merged into
the kernel sometime soon, unless systemd developers unexpectedly
decide to refrain from their insane way of pushing things forward,
whatever the cost. But this is something is not going to happen, I am
afraid.

We probably can't do much more than hoping for the best,
unfortunately...

HND

KatolaZ

--
[ Enzo Nicosia aka KatolaZ --- GLUG Catania -- Freaknet Medialab ]
[ me [at] katolaz.homeunix.net -- http://katolaz.homeunix.net -- ]