:: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....

Le 20/06/2015 12:11, Martin Steigerwald a écrit :
> Am Freitag, 19. Juni 2015, 11:16:12 schrieb Jude Nelson:
>> Whelp, looks like kdbus in systemd is no longer optional (but to be fair,
>> its use can be disabled at runtime, and won't be used anyway if kdbus
>> isn't present in the kernel).
>>
>> Announcement:
>> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-June/033170.html
> Sorry, missed that as I wrote my post a minute ago.
>
> It is exactly this attitude and this approach that I feel uneasy about.
> Instead of humbly waiting and working towards having kdbus accepted to the
> kernel, systemd developers seem to use any means to create pressure to have
> it included eventually.

     So, IIUC, it's in systemd-build that kdbus is no longer
compile-time optional*;*in kernel it's an optional module. I admit,
though, that Poettering is putting high pressure to freedesktop and to
the distros. But for now they can leave with their module and don't need
the agreement of the kernel team.

     Didier