:: Re: [DNG] Packages aren't the only …
Página Inicial
Autor: Hendrik Boom
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Packages aren't the only path to alternate inits
On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 09:29:36PM +1200, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> I expect the dependency chain should be something like:
> | <daemon>-systemd-init | <daemon>-openrc-init |
> <daemon>-upstart-init
>
> And if each of those <daemon>-*-init packages depended on their
> respective init system, and each of those init systems provide the
> virtual package "init" (as is the case in Debian and Devuan Jessie),
> then apt should be able to work out that when installing <daemon>
> that because sysvinit-core is the package providing init that it
> must also install <daemon>-sysv-init in order to satisfy the
> dependency. The problem is whether changing init systems would
> result in pulling in the new <daemon>-*-init dependency required for
> the new init system.
>
> Thoughts??

If you're happily running with epoch, and you install a daemon that
happens not to have an epoch init package yet, the only way to resold
the matter might be for aptitude to switch your entire machine over to
sysv-init because it does have a sysv init package.

Or worse, It might find a systemd init script :(

That is likely not what you want. You might want the opportunity to
cook your own epoch init script, packaged or not.

-- hendrik