:: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
Top Pagina
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
Aan: dng@lists.dyne.org
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
On 06/19/2015 11:16 AM, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Whelp, looks like kdbus in systemd is no longer optional (but to be
> fair, its use can be disabled at runtime, and won't be used anyway if
> kdbus isn't present in the kernel).
>
> Announcement:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2015-June/033170.html

Please pardon my lack of technical understanding, but for me this brings
up a question.

If a Distro adds kdbus.ko module to its default kernel build, as
encouraged, would it then make that kernel build systemd specific?

I obviously don't trust any move by Lennart Poettering and crew and
wonder it this yet another hook to make systemd lock-in more secure.

Clarke