:: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
Página Inicial
Autor: Clarke Sideroad
Para: dng
Novos Tópicos: [DNG] the kernel for Android
Assunto: Re: [DNG] We Must be Prepared ....
On 06/19/2015 02:59 AM, Arnt Gulbrandsen wrote:
> Clarke Sideroad writes:
>> I hoping the Kernel Developers as a combined whole would see the
>> bigger Linux picture well beyond the desktop.
>> I can't see the Kernel being made to swallow something that would
>> poison the whole multifaceted structure in the way that the various
>> distros swallowed the, "just another init, what's all the fuss
>> about?", ever expanding systemd.
>
> Can you imagine the kernel supporting anything that is a problem for its
> biggest user? http://bit.ly/1ocxYwI

Android initially just grabbed kernel and forked off.

I suppose you are right the Kernel Developers did go through the hassle
of luring Google back into the fold and the relationship gets positive
press for both. In that light it does seem unlikely that they would
forego all that, just to please the Poetterites.

Clarke