:: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Gummiboot patch
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Fwd: Gummiboot patch
On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 17:43:03 +0200
Riccardo Boninsegna <rboninsegna2+devuan@???> wrote:

> Gummiboot is my favorite boot loader, mainly due to it loading the
> kernel from the EFI partition and thus not requiring a third partition
> for /boot when you use encrypted root.
>
> I first became familiar with it on Arch Linux well after their switch
> to systemd; but despite this project now being integrated with our
> least appreciated init just like udev, the current version in Debian
> (48) has completely no tie-ins with it!

It sounds good. My question is whether you or anyone else is willing to
completely fork this software. Listen to what's said at
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gummiboot :

"Note: Gummiboot has been merged into systemd as systemd-boot, which is
available as of systemd 220-2."

To be dependable, this source code needs to be preserved, under a
different name, and maintained completely separately from the thing
called "Gummiboot". Just like vdev is completely different from udev.
To do otherwise would be to construct a rat-trap, with systemd, and to
a lesser extent Debian, having the complete ability to spring the trap,
at their leisure.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key