:: Re: [DNG] [Dng] Readiness notificat…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Didier Kryn
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] [Dng] Readiness notification
Le 15/06/2015 01:14, Laurent Bercot a écrit :
> (We should take this to the supervision list, this is becoming
> seriously off-topic for dng.)

     Dear Laurent,

     My opinion is that it is not off-topic at all. Instead it is
central. Fast init, readiness signalling and supervision are the primary
reasons for the development of the badly designed Systemd, hence for
forking Debian.

         There are two possible reasons for the bad design of Systemd:
             1) strategic hijacking of Linux,
             2) lack of thinking.

     Devuan reacted to hijacking in the first place; I think it should
also work on a KISS framework for init and supervision providing a
maximum of freedom (including no supervision, like in sysvinit). I mean
unless there is already a dedicated forum for supervision.

     Didier