:: Re: [DNG] [Dng] epoch feature reque…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] [Dng] epoch feature request
Le 16/06/2015 11:09, Anto a écrit :
> Anto writes:
>> Yes. I almost have everything to start trying to build epoch package,
>> *except* one important point that I have been asking for. That is the
>> mechanism to trigger an action to automatically update epoch.conf and
>> start the daemon when we install all packages with daemons that need
>> to be started/stopped at boot/shutdown time, *without* including
>> epoch specific files into those packages. So what I am basically
>> looking for is totally different approach than what Debian based
>> distros have been doing for other init systems, so that we don't need
>> to patch all of those packages with epoch specific files and re-build
>> them.

     Dear Anto,

     My personnal experience about running dpkg (generally through
synaptic or apt-get), tells me that there must be something for this
case. Almost everytime I install, remove or upgrade a package, there are
messages saying something like "processing trigger man db" or the like.
I understand this as a modification of the manual database according the
packages installed/removed/upgraded. The package management is still
largely a mystery for me, but I understand you are exploring it and you
could find how this feature is working and use it to trigger
'dpkg-reconfigure epoch'

     My 1 cent.
                         Didier