:: Re: [Dng] epoch feature request
Página Principal
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [Dng] epoch feature request
Anto writes:
> Yes. I almost have everything to start trying to build epoch
> package, *except* one important point that I have been asking
> for. That is the mechanism to trigger an action to automatically
> update epoch.conf and start the daemon when we install all
> packages with daemons that need to be started/stopped at
> boot/shutdown time, *without* including epoch specific files
> into those packages. So what I am basically looking for is
> totally different approach than what Debian based distros have
> been doing for other init systems, so that we don't need to
> patch all of those packages with epoch specific files and
> re-build them.

You have code that rescans /etc/init.d and parses those LSB-Foo-Bar
comments, is that right? If so, you have three options:

1. Piggyback on someone's post-install hooks.
2. Run inotify() in a patched epoch and watch for file creation in
/etc/init,d
3. Invent a new hook that lets you process ALL dpkg -i calls.

Pick your poison.

Arnt