著者: Steve Litt
To: dng
題目: Re: [Dng] epoch feature request
On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 22:48:00 +0200
Anto <aryanto@???> wrote:

> I am not entirely sure what would happen if we purged sysvinit to
> replace it with epoch, whether those packages will still generate
> their specific scripts on /etc/init.d when we install them under
> epoch or not. If they would still generate them, we could maybe
> implement a mechanism to monitor /etc/init.d, automatically add the
> daemon parameters into epoch.conf based on their "INIT INFO" when the
> new script is being added into /etc/init.d and then start the daemon.
>
> There must be more elegant solution than that, but I am running out
> of ideas due to my limited knowledge on this.

Early in my career I had a boss who was a full-on suit. But a smart
one. He taught me that if you've captured all the necessary data, you
can program it.

I keep hearing about this LSB stuff in inits. Apparently that includes:

# Provides:          scriptname
# Required-Start:    $remote_fs $syslog
# Required-Stop:     $remote_fs $syslog

I'm assuming Required-Start means the listed services must be ready
before starting this one. I'm assuming Required-Stop means the listed
services must be down before killing this one. The preceding is enough
do to ordering and naming service in Epoch, and it's available from the
sysvinit init scripts, which apparently the "upstreams" must provide in
LSB fashion. OK, so you have that.

There's other information you need. Should it respawn, or should it
run-once? That might be available from systemd unit files, but the only
way to get it from sysvinit init scripts is to analyze them as a human.

You also need to know the user that the running service belongs to. I'm
not sure where you'd get that: Check the sysetmd unit files.

Basically, if I have all the necessary data, I can auto-make Epoch
services, although the first few versions wouldn't totally replace
hand-tweaking.

You see what I mean though, if the data exists, the job can be done.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key