:: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 9, Issue …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: David Harrison
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Dng Digest, Vol 9, Issue 54
On 15/06/2015 13:00, dng-request@??? wrote:
> Let me guess: You found blog postings by unixheads who had Brother lasers
> with postscript support and were happy, and based on that you bought an
> inkjet without postscript support?

That's a mite harsh. For my ancient Brother HL5170-DN, Brother provide
downloadable (sadly blob-only) deb and rpm packages. Not every printer
manufacturer goes that far.

I've had success adding the printer directly via the CUPS web interface
too, though it pays to be very careful about *which* port, service, page
control language etc is selected from the many options that appear for
that model. PCL tends to work better in my limited experience, perhaps
because Brother's PostScript emulation (BRScript) seems to have a few
idiosyncrasies.