:: Re: [Dng] printing (was Re: Readine…
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Arnt Gulbrandsen
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] printing (was Re: Readiness notification)
Laurent Bercot writes:
> Authors *should* document readiness notification capabilities of
> their daemons. But then again, reality may be different.

It's difficult to even know. It's _so_ easy to do things like logging the
address of a client that connects and not think about having added a
startup dependency on the DNS resolver. In a complex server landscape
circular dependencies happen easily (BTDT), and that's when I really
appreciate upstart's way of declaring "start x after y". (I believe systemd
does the same, which I would like if it weren't one of 500 features.)

Arnt