:: Re: [Dng] Readiness notification
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Laurent Bercot
À: Isaac Dunham
CC: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Readiness notification
On 15/06/2015 00:36, Isaac Dunham wrote:
> I think that a program that must run in the background is broken.
> Yet *prohibiting* auto-backgrounding imposes an even more heavy toll
> on scripts where <process 1> requires <process 2> to be running and
> ready: you *must* run a supervisor, or else run a lame-not-quite-a-
> supervisor, just to do what would have been trivially done in a few
> more lines of C.

Can you please elaborate or reformulate ? I don't understand what you
mean. I don't think there's *ever* a case where it is necessary for
the original process to die, so what is the kind of script you are
thinking of ? Could you give a small example ?
(We should take this to the supervision list, this is becoming
seriously off-topic for dng.)

--
Laurent