:: Re: [Dng] Readiness notification
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jude Nelson
To: Laurent Bercot
CC: dng@lists.dyne.org
Betreff: Re: [Dng] Readiness notification
My take-away from this and the related threads is that a daemon author
would ideally provide options to have it:
* Either write log messages to stderr or syslog, but write the same data
regardless;
* Either stay running in the foreground, or auto-background itself once
it's ready to begin taking requests;
* Write a PID file only at the user's request--that is, only if a path is
given.

I figure it's up to the user to select the combination of options suitable
to address the task at hand, and it's up to the distro to select the
sensible defaults.

-Jude