:: Re: [Dng] printing (was Re: Readine…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Nate Bargmann
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] printing (was Re: Readiness notification)
* On 2015 13 Jun 18:23 -0500, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> What part of systemd are these various (non-systemd) programs
> leveraging? Is it the sd-notify thingy? If it is that would imply a
> different course of action than if they are using many different
> features.

I know that CUPS can be run under systemd in demand start and stop mode
which for a desktop is a nice feature since it isn't running all the
time. If it can do that with another daemon manager, so much the
better, but on my desktop I am back to having CUPS running all the time
since I exorcised systemd from it.

- Nate