:: [Dng] task-xfce-desktop, task-mate-…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: dng@lists.dyne.org
Assumpte: [Dng] task-xfce-desktop, task-mate-desktop task-lxde-desktop proposed changes.
Hi,

I'm currently looking at patching the desktop tasks in taskselect to use
slim instead of lightdm (atleast until lightdm has been cleaned up to
not depend on systemd).

Also I'm planning to replace gnome-network-manager in those tasks with wicd.

These changes bring us closer to our goal of not needing to install any
systemd dependencies. (There still are packages like cups and lxsession
that need to have the tie-ins to systemd excised.

Also, these changes only effect from scratch installation of Devuan,
where tasksel is used. Installing the removed packages manually will
work just fine.

Regards,
    Daniel.
--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.