:: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitu…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] A nice candidate substitute to network-manager

On 12/06/15 17:39, Irrwahn wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 17:30:58 +0200, Anto wrote:
>> On 12/06/15 12:50, Marlon Nunes wrote:
>>> Hi, i've been testing connman for a while and found it to handle very
>>> well my network connections.
>>>
>>> https://01.org/connman
>>> https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Connman
>>>
>>> In my view, we can forget about network-manager completely for desktop
>>> usage.
>> Do you use it on Devuan or Debian jessie? If so, would it be possible to
>> let us know how you get that working?
>>
>> I remember that I had problems trying to make econnman compiled and
>> installed on Debian wheezy.
> There are connman and related packages available in Debian since squeeze.
> Just mentioning - not that I ever tried it, though.
>
> Cheers,
> Urban

Thanks Urban,

I have been using wicd since the infections started on Debian wheezy and
after I failed to try other alternatives to network-manager. As far as I
remember, I couldn't get connman to work on Debian wheezy and there was
no GUI interface for XFCE. I tried econnman on Enlightenment, but I got
the problems that I mentioned above.

Cheers,

Anto