:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fi…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On Fri, 12 Jun 2015 04:11:12 +0200
Franco Lanza <nextime@???> wrote:

> Anyway, differently from debian, even in the alpha stage in devuan you
> can, right now and avoiding some packages like gnome things, have a
> completely systemd install.

Even more to the point, unlike Debian, with Devuan Alpha 2 you can run
an OS whose PID1 isn't systemd. I think tying everything else to PID1
was most peoples' major complaint, although by now most of us want to
completely purge the init that shall not be mentioned.

> Let's the haters hate, and

Man, and they do hate, don't they. On my local LUG I posted how I
created LittKit to give Daemontools ordered startup capability, never
mentioning any init system, and right away it turned into a cheering
session for systemd, and dissing of anyone who wasn't with the program.
Sheesh, all I did was write about Free Software to make daemontools
more capable.

> let's us all work for the good.

Yeah, that's why I'm proud to be friends with you guys.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key