:: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was fi…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Franco Lanza
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 06:49:55AM -0700, Go Linux wrote:
> I have been wondering about this. There have been posts over at FDN putting down Devuan because there were still systemd packages installed. So is Devuan free of systemd libs or not? IIRC the Valentine's release had some systemd stuff but I thought it had all been eradicated by now.
>
> Sorry haven't been able to test. Still down with a bad back.

The images are still in *ALPHA*.

Alpha, for us, would say "not yet complete".

Not yet complete would say, for devuan, "not all packages have been
recompiled yet".

So, basically, we have a complete and working infrastructure ( not yet
finished, there is a lot of work to do, but it's "enough" for the
release ), there are many packages in our repository ( without systemd
dependencies ), there are other packages in our gitlab that aren't yet
in repository ( so, in the repository the same packages are coming from
debian, WITH systemd dependency in some case ), there are packages not
yet in our gitlab.

Also, the debian-installer for devuan isn't yet finished, some
rebranding are still needed, some fixes are still needed, and, more than
anything else, the indices and override on the repository side is to be
completed.

For this reason if you install using the alpha there are still packages
from debian that in a final devuan install will not be installed at all,
and other with "wrong" dependencies, and then you finish the install by
having systemd installed if you download the "wrong" packages, like, for
example, gdm.

Anyway, differently from debian, even in the alpha stage in devuan you
can, right now and avoiding some packages like gnome things, have a
completely systemd install. But it's NOT ready, it's NOT release, it's
an alpha!

When ALL needed packages will be ready AND overrides on the apt
repository will be complete we will release a BETA version.

You can assume the beta version should be completely systemd free by
default, if it will not, it's a bug.

When beta will be considered stable and we will be 100% sure it's
completely systemd free, the beta will be marked as "release candidate",
and eventually will be renamed as stable release.

We are not fast building a toasting an iso, we are hardly working to
create a stable, complete a future proof distro, with a stable,
complete, future proof infrastructure. Let's the haters hate, and let's
us all work for the good.

Hope this clarify things.

--

Franco (nextime) Lanza
Lonate Pozzolo (VA) - Italy

NO TCPA: http://www.no1984.org
you can download my public key at:
http://danex.nexlab.it/nextime.asc || Key Servers
Key ID = D6132D50
Key fingerprint = 66ED 5211 9D59 DA53 1DF7 4189 DFED F580 D613 2D50
echo 16i[q]sa[ln0=aln100%Pln100/snlbx]sbA0D212153574F444E49572045535520454D20454B414D204F54204847554F4E452059415020544F4E4E4143205345544147204C4C4942snlbxq | dc