:: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file d…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Clarke Sideroad
À: dng
Anciens-sujets: Re: [Dng] file download zone
Sujet: [Dng] Systemd sneaks in was file download zone
On 06/11/2015 12:56 AM, Steve Litt wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Jun 2015 20:15:13 +0200
> Jaromil <jaromil@???> wrote:
>
>> re all,
>>
>> to avoid dispersion I've hacked together a file download zone which is
>> pulling builds from various places and updating a binary file
>> repository where people can download the latest ALPHA series
>> releases. Also the integration with the new "debakker" tool
>> automatically producing Qemu compressed images is on the way. The
>> result is visible here:
>>
>> http://files.devuan.org
>>
>> This file repository will be kept up to date with latest releases, it
>> now comprises of the Alpha2 i386 announced by Daniel aka
>> Centurion_Dan, the Alpha2 amd64 built through our CI by Nextime and a
>> Qemu image of the latter. Plus some historical traces of previous
>> Alpha releases.
> This is too cool! Thanks to the ease of grabbing an ISO, I was able to
> install Devuan 64 bit net install on a VirtualBox VM. It had several
> errors, including some "debootstrap" stuff on nCurses, but I just kept
> trying over again until the whole thing got installed. I can now surf
> the net with Iceweasel.
>
> Thank you so much for this file repository. It makes it much easier for
> me to keep working with Devuan.

It seems my fresh netboot install this morning has swallowed and
installed systemd.
It was an "expert" 64bit install of "jessie" with XFCE and subsequently
firmware-linux-non-free had been installed for the embeded video and
then the fglrx-driver installed. Not sure where it picked up the
systemd along that path.

Removing it and its namesake friends took out Network Manager,
PulseAudio, CUPS and a bunch of assorted other bits
I installed WICD to send this and will now put the furniture back in place.

Warning: You will probably be seeing more of this kind of info from
simple folks like me, now that testing is easier with a netboot iso.

Clarke

.