:: Re: [unSYSTEM] Student debt is the …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Troy Benjegerdes
A: System undo crew
Assumpte: Re: [unSYSTEM] Student debt is the Night's King
On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 01:48:27AM -0500, Diego Saa wrote:
> Other than propaganda and market manipulation, I don't see many other
> methods with which you could influence bitcoin's demand.

I'd say this accounts for about half of the control mechanism.

> However, I wouldn't use the word "control" for it.
>
> Don't want to come through as a fundamentalist fanatic, but it seems to me
> that bitcoin is far too big and decentralized by now to be controllable by
> any entity in a very meaningful way. Wouldn't you say?

*bitcoin* is very centralized, because it takes capital to buy miners and
data centers, and it's more profitable to build a data center and put 14nm
sha-256 ASICs in it, and sell *control* of the data center to the highest
(dollar) bidder than it is to sell the asics. This is the other half of the
control vector.

If you have the effective unlimited ability to create money by giving college
students credit cards to buy bitcoin miners, you now have the final centralized
control noose around bitcoin's neck.

You just need to do some financial engineering to short the BTC price, wait
for some weakness in the market, exploit it with propaganda and fear of anti-
bitcoin legislation, and now you have turned the former legion of bitcoin
freedom-fighters into bitcoin debt-zombies who bought miners and now owe
you dollars. Ask yourself, can you buy a 14nm asic anywhere?

> Yes, powerful humans can probably slow down bitcoin's adoption, but I don't
> see an entity killing bitcoin any time soon (other than a civilization
> extinguishing asteroid, supernova, or something of the sort).

The powerful humans don't want to kill bitcoin, they want to control the
people using it. And they have done a damn good job setting up the systems
to control bitcoin users. Now altcoins on the other hand, are a little bit
harder.

> And yes, I just smoked weed... I'll probably regret having written in this
> state of mind in the near future...

My advice is move to a jurisdiction where you can legally grow and use your
own (or at least legally buy it), and buy potcoin. That has a far better
chance of getting some systemic change to happen than bitcoin does.