:: [Dng] debian sinking on virtual mac…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: jaromil
À: dng
Sujet: [Dng] debian sinking on virtual machine image support (grub on lvm)
re all,

Today I've started (and almost finished) building the "debakker"
component of our SDK
which takes care of downloading the new CI-build debian-installers
maintaned by Daniel
and packs them into the vm images many of us need on cloud servers and
such.
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-sdk/commit/30e471a3c756be47c2a9e57b50105a19bae4549f

By doing so I hit an important bug in Debian which is being overlooked,
but at least
reported, here https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=782998
(and yes, I fear systemd is involved as in weird naming changes of dev
FS)

This was working just a few months ago, but its broken now in a debian
called "stable"
moreover on this part of Debian: it is being touched by too many hands,
as in
which is a idiotic solution to the problem by adding a lot of complexity
inside debian
scripts instead of using the "$DISKA" method by assigning a var from the
preseed script.

I'm doing my best to circumvent all this mess, nevertheless I believe
this bug will hit
a lot of devops people out there and it is worthed mentioning. It is my
perception that
Debian is incapable of keeping it together, bugs as the above are
multiplying and the
complex patchwork behind them is hard to keep track.

At last, it feels very good to be able to fix this stuff in Devuan.

And soon we'll have vms built of alpha2 release series, while I suspect
Debian will lack
support for lvm partitioned virtual machine images for a long while...

ciao