:: Re: [Dng] Building Postfix 3.0.1
Kezdőlap
Szerző: Anto
Dátum:
Címzett: dng
Tárgy: Re: [Dng] Building Postfix 3.0.1

On 06/06/15 14:59, Anto wrote:

> On 06/06/15 12:37, Anto wrote:
>> Hello Everybody,
>>
>> I have been trying to adapt the Debian build script of Postfix 2.11.3
>> for Postfix 3.0.1, but I still cannot have it compiled so far.
>>
>> Is there any of you manage to do that? If so, would you care to share
>> the build script? Or do you have any information related to this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Anto
>>

> I just found out that somebody has already done this for Ubuntu,
> https://launchpad.net/~mamarley/+archive/ubuntu/updates/+sourcepub/4943122/+listing-archive-extra.
> I will play around with tonight.

Hello Everybody,

I am sorry for the noise that I make here.

I have managed to build postfix 3.0.1 using the source from
ftp://ftp.porcupine.org/mirrors/postfix-release/official/postfix-3.0.1.tar.gz,
and using the Debian build script based on the one from
https://launchpad.net/~mamarley/+archive/ubuntu/updates/+files/postfix_3.0.1-0ubuntu0%7Eppa0%7Evivid.tar.gz.

However, there are some warning from dpkg-shlibdeps as below which I do
not understand the reasons.

.
<snip>
.
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$(pwd)/lib:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH} dh_shlibdeps -a
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-util.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-util.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-util.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-global.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-global.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-global.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-master.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-master.so'
dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: can't extract name and version from library
name 'libpostfix-master.so'
.
<snip>
.

The same warnings are also shown on Ubuntu PPA buildlog file:
https://launchpadlibrarian.net/197953325/buildlog_ubuntu-vivid-amd64.postfix_3.0.0-0ubuntu0~ppa0~vivid_UPLOADING.txt.gz.

Could anybody please explain the reason why that warnings come up and
the impact of that?