:: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server upda…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Eric Voskuil
À: libbitcoin@lists.dyne.org
Sujet: [Libbitcoin] libbitcoin-server update
Because of a regression in the mempool:

https://github.com/libbitcoin/libbitcoin-server/issues/82

...which I can't reproduce until getting fully-synced, I've just rolled
back the server stack to the version2 release.

I'm planning to continue to advance master until the server stall issue
is verified (at which point I'll push to version2 and issue a release
update). There is a lot of refactoring for readability and improved log
context. This has helped us locate the cause of the stall.

The issue is that under certain conditions, we stop asking for blocks.
This includes conditions where we encounter certain network faults or
even bad payloads, but also normal conditions. So there are no visible
errors or obvious incorrect behavior until one looks at the interactions
holistically. Thanks to pmienk for deducing the issue during our
bug-bash yesterday.

The CPU consumption issue has previously been resolved and it appears
that more recent changes have resolved the memory consumption issue as
well. Logging is much improved as well. It will take some time to
resolve the stall issue more elegantly, but I hope to have a patch up in
the next few days.