:: Re: [Dng] Secure boot?
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Secure boot?
On Wed, 3 Jun 2015 10:58:15 -0400
Gregory Boyce <gregory.boyce@???> wrote:

> 2) Don't support booting on secure boot systems. This means users are
> out of luck if they have secure boot hardware unless they're able to
> disable that feature.

Nobody yet knows how many "Windows 10 compliant" manufacturers will
eliminate the off-switch for Secure Boot. Could be 90%, for all we know.
If we don't support secure boot hardware, we're telling people not to
use Linux on commodity off the shelf hardware. Pay double for System76.
Won't be well received.

We need *some* way to run on secure-boot-only hardware.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key