:: Re: [Dng] Announcing i386 netboot i…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Irrwahn
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] Announcing i386 netboot iso for Devuan (Alpha 2)
Martial Bornet wrote on 02.06.2015 18:17:
> Thanks to all of you, guys !
> I've installed it in a VM, I saw no problem while installing.
> But do you plan to get rid of libpam-systemd and libsystemd0 as well ?

None of the systemd packages are required in a finished base system
install, I was able to purge them without inducing collateral damage.

Moreover, with the Devuan packages it is possible to get a completely
systemd-free fully working lightdm/Xfce desktop by resorting to
policykit-1, consolekit, libpam-ck-connector, udisks, udisks2, etc.
(Just make sure to purge libpam-systemd, otherwise ck-connector won't
work!) I just confirmed it with the netboot iso for Jessie, but it
still requires some manual intervention, otherwise e.g. lightdm pulls
in the plague via a libpam-systemd dependency, which is equally
satisfiable by installing consolekit.

However, convenient handling of removable drives in Thunar AFAICT
requires gvfs, which in turn pulls in libsystemd0. Personally, I can
live with having that one relic lingering around as one systemd
tombsto^W memorial. ;-) Your mileage may vary.

Cheers,
Urban