:: [Dng] New systemd release notes reg…
Top Pagina
Auteur: James Powell
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: [Dng] New systemd release notes regarding udev.
https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/master/NEWS

It seems udev is getting split up between several projects within systemd and GNOME. It seems gudev is being handed off in the future to GNOME and parts of udev are being pushed deeper into systemd.

I'm not surprised at this, since kdbus didn't get pushed into the kernel mainline, but it does show evidence of the callousness being presented to the Linux ecosystem. If they don't get their way one way, they try to get their way another.

I am wondering how much longer eudev can remain tied to systemd-udev, unless it becomes completely independent. We still are waiting on the progress of vdev, patiently. So until then, it seems to be wait and see yet again.

Thoughts?

-Jim