:: Re: [Dng] DistroWatch review of Man…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [Dng] DistroWatch review of Manjaro-OpenRC
On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 12:11:08 +0800
Robert Storey <robert.storey@???> wrote:

> Now that Ubuntu and Debian have decided to go over to the Dark Side
> (ie systemd), I've been looking for a replacement at least until
> Devuan is released. I believe it was Steve Litt who made a post
> suggesting that Manjaro-OpenRC was very good, so I checked it out.
> Long story made short, it is indeed very good and has now replaced
> Ubuntu on my desktop and laptop machines.

Manjaro-OpenRC occupies a time-honored role: It gives our developers
the breathing room to bring Devuan to perfection. It's where people can
go until Devuan is ready.

Of course, Manjaro-OpenRC is a wonderful product in and of itself, and
I'm friendly with several of the people there. Truth be told, the
reason I chose Devuan over Manjaro-OpenRC is because I view the Devuan
Community as being astonishingly astounding, and I want to be part of
it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2015 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key