:: Re: [Dng] OT: separate GUI from com…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Laurent Bercot
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] OT: separate GUI from commands
On 31/05/2015 18:35, Didier Kryn wrote:
> AFAIU, this thread has turned to be about interfacing whatever app to
> a scripting language. I consider this a very usefull feature for all
> but basic applications. In particular, I consider that interfacing
> init - The init program which is pid 1 - with a scripting language
> would provide ultimate "init freedom".

init is the pinnacle of a "basic application". It's not even an
application, it's a system program. There is NO reason why you'd want
to interface init to a scripting language - what are you trying to
accomplish that can't be accomplished outside of process 1 ?

"init freedom", whatever that means, is a political goal, and has to be
reached with political tools. Trying to use technical tools to reach a
political goal is not a good idea; it usually produces bad software and
ends up being unsatisfying for everyone.

--
Laurent