:: Re: [Dng] OT: separate GUI from com…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] OT: separate GUI from commands
Am Donnerstag, 28. Mai 2015, 23:58:55 schrieb Jude Nelson:
> > Just imagine the possibilities if Powerpoint gave you access to an
> > environment like that!
>
> It didn't occur to me when I wrote my original email, but it turns out
> Powerpoint can be scripted with VBA. So can Libreoffice (it supports
> Javascript and Python as well as Libreoffice Basic). There are others,
> like Blender, GIMP, KDE (i.e. SuperKaramba, Plasma, Kross), GNOME 3, the
> NetBSD kernel (Lua), the Linux kernel (ePBF), and so on, that I had
> forgotten to list.

In addition to that there are dbus interfaces of applications.

But of course they only export a subset of state and functionality. That
what the developer has implemented into the dbus API.

And for KDE/Plasma/Qt there is QML / Qt Quick which is some kind of markup
for the GUI and JavaScript or C++ for the logic behind it.