:: [Dng] automounting in a window mana…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Robert Storey
A: dng
Asunto: [Dng] automounting in a window manager
With all the recent discussion about DEs (Cinnamon, Gnome, Mate, etc), I
just thought I'd throw this in here...

For the longest time, I simply used a window manager. In the beginning, it
was FVWM, but later I took a liking to IceWM. As opposed to a full-blown
Desktop Environment, I liked the speed and simplicity of a window manager.

The only drawback is that window manager doesn't seem to do automounting of
plugged-in devices. I went looking for a solution, and found this page:

https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Automounting

It says, among other things, that udev can be configured to handle
automounting. That's nice, but since systemd has polluted udev beyond
repair, I'm wondering if Devuan can be set up to handle it better, perhaps
with vdev. Or is there a better way?

I believe that people who are opposed to systemd are similar to me - we
prefer simplicity over complex solutions, and are not impressed by bells
and whistles. Thus, I think people who are attracted to Devuan would be a
good market for a simple desktop based on IceWM.

Just something to think about.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

- Robert