:: [Dng] Everyone's favorite seasoning…
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Jaret Cantu
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Vanhat otsikot: Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite DE: GNOME3
Uudet otsikot: [Dng] How about KDE/Plasma? (was: Re: Everyone's favorite seasoning: Cinnamon), Re: [Dng] Everyone's favorite seasoning: Cinnamon
Aihe: [Dng] Everyone's favorite seasoning: Cinnamon (Re: Everyone's favorite DE: GNOME3)
Just did a systemd-free build of Cinnaminnaminnamon this morning and...

Shutdown instead Logs Out. Like, not even a modal to pop up with
grayed-out buttons like a misconfigured XFCE: it just logs you out.

It looks like instead of the normal DE systemd-or-ConsoleKit choice,
Cinnaminnaminnaminnaminnamon has
systemd-or-Old-UPower-and-thus-ConsoleKit. So, the combination of no
systemd and a new UPower leaves it inside of a power-management vacuum.

My suspicion is that "old UPower" can be "any UPower", but a-patchin'
will have to be done (or maybe an OpenBSD patch raid?)

I've uploaded the three scrubbed packages to the Devuan GitLab gnome
group; there are some gnome3 dependencies that it uses, although since I
already had them installed on my system, I'm not quite sure which ones.

I'll put the prebuilt packages on my mirror once I figure out that
shutdown thing. And I'll have to figure it out now or else lose sleep
obsessing over it.

I must say, Cinna[REDACTED]mon seems pretty snappy -- although maybe
that is just an illusion caused by how much new windows grow in size?

Cheers,

Jaret Cantu