:: Re: [Dng] vdev status update (May 2…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Anto
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [Dng] vdev status update (May 25 2015)

On 25/05/15 18:29, Jude Nelson wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I have the latest news for vdev:

.
<snip>
.
> Thoughts and feedback to the above welcome :)
> -Jude

Thanks a lot Jude for all your efforts.

Since you put a big fat warning "**CURRENTLY BROKEN. DO NOT ATTEMPT.
WE ARE MIGRATING TO .DEB PACKAGES.**" on
https://github.com/jcnelson/vdev/blob/master/how-to-test.md#appendix-b-booting-with-vdevd
about 13 days ago, I have been waiting for your update on the deb build
package script so I can continue testing. How far are we on that? Please
do not assume that I am pushing you.

If that would be quite far due to higher priorities on other parts of
vdev development, how about if you included test cases for any parts of
vdev that still need testing?

For instance, a simple list like below would help novice testers like me
(and hopefully help speeding up vdev development as it looks getting
more complex):

1. Test Case A Title
     Test Unit: vdev function X
     Expected Result: <list of expected output or expected logs when the
test pass>
     Test Result: Pass or Fail
     Test Log: <logs either when the test pass or fail>

2. Test Case B Title
     Test Unit: vdev function B
     Expected Result: <list of expected output or expected logs when the
test pass>
     Test Result: Pass or Fail
     Test Log: <logs either when the test pass or fail>

And so on.

I think that will also help you shifting your priorities in putting your
efforts on each parts of vdev development.

Cheers,

Anto