:: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed…
Góra strony
Autor: Jaret Cantu
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [Dng] A novice attempt to speed up Devuan development
And on that note eudevelopers, new work to eudev, based on some
suggestions/cares/concerns:

https://git.devuan.org/jaretcantu/eudev

* Installs executables in / instead of /usr (the same place they are for
the systemd udev)
* Introduce a systemd branch which makes udev (and friends) a virtual
package
* Both eudev and udev-systemd flavors of udev (and friends) are provided
and can be switched between on a system
* The Replaces interface has been set up properly that there are no more
errors (that I saw) when changing the udev package currently installed
(215-17 or eudev or udev-systemd)

I actually think I over-engineered the virtual packaging a bit; I was
hitting some very strange errors because I didn't know I still had my
"*systemd*" block in apt/preferences.d, so I ended up doing a lot of
work that may not have been necessary.

I based it largely off of the way init is handled so that only one udev
could be provided. This also means that mdev could be introduced in the
future as a udev provider without much trouble (although not really a
libudev1 provider, I don't believe).

Cheers,
Jaret Cantu