:: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Steve Litt
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin in maybe?
On Sun, 24 May 2015 09:47:13 -0300
Marlon Nunes <nunes@???> wrote:

> On 2015-05-23 15:21, Steve Litt wrote:

> > Xfce is starting to get too entangled, so I use Openbox. If Openbox
> > gets snared, I'll go to dwm. If firefox becomes entangled, I'll

> There are also lxqt (which uses openbox as their WM).
> http://lxqt.org/
> http://lxqt.org/images/screenshots/plasma.png
> no sign of systemd.

Very nice! Thanks for the pointer to LXQt. LXQt is the successor to the
old LXDE, which is, IMHO the most stable of all the "Win9x style"
window manager/desktop environments. I've used it for years on my
travel notebook, and I've found it to always work: Something I can't
say about most other Desktop Environments, *including* Xfce.

When I go to a client to train them in Troubleshooting, I want a Win9x
interface so I can go braindead about tech and concentrate on teaching.
LXDE (and I presume LXQt) does that perfectly, and lxrandr is
*especially* helpful when connecting to random projectors.

Better yet, because LXQt is built around Openbox, you can configure its
Openbox parts to respond to all the same hotkeys as just plain Openbox,
which means you have LXQt's complete Win9x interface in parallel with
the fastest known keyboard interface (especially if paired with dmenu).

You're right, Marlon, LXDE, and therefore I'd assume LXQt, is a
spectacularly productive interface for almost anyone. Thanks for
reminding me.

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2015 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz