:: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Nuno Magalhães
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin in maybe?
On Sat, May 23, 2015 at 9:59 PM, James Powell <james4591@???> wrote:
> It's a shame Devuan can't make a bold statement against the kernel itself to
> not want to buy into Greg Kroah-Hartman's systemdified kdbus future, and try
> to force the kernel to be forked as well.

Let's hope Mr Torvalds has the balls to do what's right.

> Too much is being poisoned by systemd, and if the UNIX ecosystem of software
> collapses because of this, who is going to be able and willing to pick up
> the pieces?

There's a UNIX ecosystem? The Linux ecosystem may become strictly
commercial and be used to hunt baby seals, but the BSD and Solaris
ecosystems are still systemd-free, are they not?

My hopes are still on gentoo (which made the sanest decision regarding
systemd), slackware (which may or may not resist it - it's all very
relative) and LFS, among a few other smaller distros.

Cheers,
Nuno