Til: Anto, dng
Emne: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin in maybe?

     Hi Anto,

    From your posts it appears that you are doing a lot of work cleaning
up these packages.

    Apologies if I've missed a previous post as I think it would be
extremely helpful to all interested if you documented your invaluable
work on a wiki of sorts?

    Perhaps more could assist with the cleanups :-)

    Thanks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anto"
Sent:Tue, 19 May 2015 14:14:13 +0200
Subject:Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin in maybe?

On 19/05/15 13:48, Jaret Cantu wrote:
> On 05/19/2015 06:42 AM, Anto wrote:
>>
>> Did that happen on sysvinit, upstart, openrc, etc.? If systemd

would
>> be modular, I would consider to use it.
>>

> Totally.
>

> [jaret@ragnarok ~]$ dpkg -l '*upstart*'

Status=Not/Inst/Conf-files/Unpacked/halF-conf/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend

+++-==============-============-============-=================================

> un upstart (no description available)
> [jaret@ragnarok ~]$ dpkg -S '*upstart*'
> ifupdown: /etc/network/if-up.d/upstart
> openssh-client: /usr/share/upstart/sessions/ssh-agent.conf
> startpar: /usr/share/man/man8/startpar-upstart-inject.8.gz
> ifupdown: /etc/network/if-down.d/upstart
> openssh-client: /usr/share/upstart
> startpar: /lib/startpar/startpar-upstart-inject
> vim-runtime: /usr/share/vim/vim74/syntax/upstart.vim
> openssh-client: /usr/share/upstart/sessions
> [jaret@ragnarok ~]$ vi /usr/share/upstart/sessions/ssh-agent.conf
>

> Some text files never hurt anybody.
>

> ~jaret

Hello Jaret,

Yes. I agree that some config files do not hurt or cause any problems

and that also happens on other inits. The problem that I have
experienced in cleaning up the packages is that, there are
dependencies
to systemd libraries or components in the packages. When I removed
those
dependencies without removing the config files, i.e. the unit,
service
and socket files, most of the time the build package fails. So I
decided
to always clean up everything including those config files. I have
only
been using sysvinit and procd (only on OpenWRT if that would be
considered as init system). But I don't think that libraries and
components dependencies happens on other inits.

Cheers,

Anto