:: Re: [Dng] Devuan merged repository …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Anto
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [Dng] Devuan merged repository does not work today

On 19/05/15 18:19, Franco Lanza wrote:
> Probably a temporary issue with one of the repos we merge,
> i'm checking it right now and rebuilding it to make sure it works.
>
> Please if you have any issue with the merged repo, send an email also to
> nextime@??? so i can wake up faster than this time.

Thanks Franco,

I will put your email address on Cc next time.

Actually, I mostly would like to get the source of the packages that I
am currently re-compiling and their dependent packages. I see that most
of them are still from Debian jessie repository. I have some questions
related to that if you don't mind.

What is the relationship between the packages in the merged repository
and sources on gitlab? Are you only taking the sources on gitlab under
"pkgs-base" group? If so, is there any clear process to include the
sources on other groups into the "pkgs-base" group, e.g. eudev package,
then into the merged repository?

FYI, it didn't take long for eudev package to stay on my test PC. I had
it installed last night on my PC which I am using for writing this email
now. I am not sure how to test it. I have tried to break it by rebooting
my PC several times, plug/unplug usb stick, usb keyboard, usb headset,
etc. But I just got 2 negligible issues that I reported on Jaret's
repository on gitlab. I think it is quite stable, at least for anybody
who want to try it (and get rid of systemd-udev). Please note that most
of the packages on my PC are still from Debian wheezy repository. Only
some packages required by eudev are from Devuan merged repository. So I
should get more issues.

Back to my previous question, what do we need to do to be able to have
the packages included into the merged repository? Please don't hesitate
to ask me if you would need somebody to test them.

Cheers,

Anto