:: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Anto
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [Dng] Slackware systemd creepin in maybe?

On 19/05/15 11:29, yvesjv@??? wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Could be some slackware joke but I noticed a folder named systemd
> within slack 14.1
>
> /bash-4.2# ls -l /lib/systemd/system/
> total 8
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 298 Dec 31 07:38 laptop-mode.service
> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 289 Dec 10 2011 wicd.service
> bash-4.2#/
>
> Can anyone else see if that folder exists if you have slack64 14.1
> installed somewhere?
>
> the file /wicd.service /was deleted when I uninstalled wicd.
>

> laptop-mode doesn't appear to be installed
>
> Though the file contains
>
> /bash-4.2# cat /lib/systemd/system/laptop-mode.service
> [Unit]
> Description=Laptop Mode Tools
>
> [Service]
> Type=oneshot
> RemainAfterExit=yes
> ExecStart=/usr/sbin/laptop_mode init auto
> ExecStop=/usr/sbin/laptop_mode init stop
> ExecStopPost=/bin/rm -f /var/run/laptop-mode-tools/enabled
> StandardOutput=tty
> StandardError=tty
>
> [Install]
> WantedBy=multi-user.target
> bash-4.2#/
>

> WTF??
>

> Thanks

I have never used Slackware but that is similar problem as I have
experienced since last year with Debian wheezy. I think the main problem
is that, a lot of upstream packages and their maintainers in most
distros support systemd. So they intentionally add everything that
systemd needs into those packages, *just in case* the users want to use
systemd. That *just in case* thinking is what I really hate as it is
stupid. And that is because of the systemd developers are just so dumb
and idiot to be able to write modular program so that there is no need
to change anything on any packages requiring it. Did that happen on
sysvinit, upstart, openrc, etc.? If systemd would be modular, I would
consider to use it.

In the last few weeks, every time after I install packages and I see
/lib/systemd got created, I query the packages which create the files
under that directory. Then I get the source code of those packages,
clean them up from anything related to systemd, re-compile and install
them. I am not sure how long I can do this though, as more and more
packages get contaminated by systemd so cleaning them is getting harder
and harder for me with my limited programming skill. For instance, last
night I cleaned up lvm2 package. I think I have disabled some
functionalities as I don't understand dmeventd for instance. So I think
at some point I will stop doing it and start to move away from Linux.